LOCATE A PHONE – Lost your smartphone? Has it been stolen? If you want to try to find out where it is, you should know that it is quite easy to locate a cell phone. Here’s how to do it with an iPhone and with a smartphone under Android.
How to locate your phone with an iPhone
- The method is to use the iPhone’s location feature and go through iCloud. To activate it, you must first access the Phone Settings. Then choose iCloud and then Locate my iPhone. Activate the Locate My iPhone and Send Last Position features.
- To find a lost or stolen iPhone, log on to www.icloud.com and sign in.
- Then click on the Locate button and wait a few moments. The location of your iPhone will appear on a map.
- Click on the green dot to find out when the last location was found.
How to locate your cell phone with an Android phone
- The method is to ask Google for the answer via the Android Device Manager function, the search engine can tell you the last place where the geolocation data from your smartphone was collected. This is sometimes one or two days old, but that’s already it!
- To do so, log on to www.google.com/android/devicemanager, making sure you are previously logged in to your Google account.
- Click Accept and wait a few moments before the location of the last geolocation is displayed on the Google Maps map.
- You can then choose to make your phone ring to alert someone of its presence, but also to lock it or even erase it to protect its contents.
- Be careful, however, this method requires a prerequisite: you must have authorized it in the Google settings of your phone. To do this, in the Phone Settings application, scroll down the screen and press Google. Then press Security and, in the Android Device Manager section, activate the Remote Locate this device and Allow lock and delete functions. Finally, still in Google Settings, tap Location and enable the Locate feature.
In addition, there are specialized websites called Locator Phone Number that can locate a lost or stolen phone by Phone number and IMEI tracker. You can even locate other people’s phones, but this is not recommended!